Friday, December 5, 2008

My NYC Playlist

To continue in showing a personal side of myself on my blog, I wanted to share one of my favorite playlists on my computer. This my collection of songs about New York City.

  1. “Welcome to New York City” – Cam’ron and Jay Z
  2. “New York, New York” – Frank Sinatra
  3. “On Broadway” – George Benson
  4. “Hey There Delilah” – Plain White t’s
  5. “Once Upon a Time in New York City” – Huey Lewis
  6. “Marching Bands of Manhattan” – Death Cab for Cutie
  7. “A Heart in New York” – Simon and Garfunkel
  8. “Angel of Harlem” – U2
  9. “New York State of Mind” – Billy Joel
  10. “Nights on Broadway” – Bee Gees
  11. “In a New York Minute” – Eagles
  12. “Another Rainy Day in New York City” – Chicago

Each song has a different feeling genre to it; including alternative/indie, rap, disco, swing, pop, acoustic, and classic rock. I miss New York and every now and then I need these songs to help keep me focused on finding my way back there again. And Let's face it, these songs put me in that "New York State of Mind."

No comments: