Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Very Superstitious

Superstition is a relatively silly concept. The idea that something as trivial as a black cat crossing your path, breaking a looking glass, or wearing that lucky pair of un-washed boxers could determine your fate is pretty un-circumstantial and un-realistic.

Yet so many athletic team members and high powered business executives are some of the worst when it comes to superstitious ritual.

But who am I to judge... I'm just as bad as they are!

When it comes to the number 13, I'm about as superstitious as it gets. I never allow my radio volume to rest on 13. I never finish any quantity of things to total the number 13. I'm especially reluctant when it comes to Friday the 13th. Mostly I justify this by that fact that bad things have actually happened to me when this number is involved. July, Friday 13, 2007 was one of the worst days of my life.

This journal entry is my 13th which is why I'm ranting about “Superstition.” But let’s face it, "Superstition ain't the way."


--------------------------
P.S. That whole "the tail side of a penny is bad luck" is just insane. How is that bad luck? Who cares what side you found it on! You are ONE cent richer than you were before you found the penny! That sounds like good luck to me!!

No comments: